Top tips on how to set up learning spaces
1. Create a dedicated ‘learning space’ by zoning off a quiet corner with a desk or table partnered with a comfy chair.
2. Encourage excitement about their new working space by investing in new pens, stationery and desk accessories. The more their learning space feels special, the more they’ll enjoy spending time in it.
3. Place their artwork and books around their desk, so there is constant inspiration and stimulation for their little minds.
4. No matter how much room you have at home, be sure to get the kids moving throughout the day.
Create your own timetable and allocate parts of the day to different spaces, such as a reading corner for story time, a study space for distance learning, and a messy corner for art and creative play.
5. Use a reward chart to encourage normality, routine, and as an incentive for good behaviour and kindness.
This article was contributed by Great Little Trading Company.
Great Little Trading Company’s desks & tables come top of the class! They’re all as sturdy as a tree and rigorously tested for safe use by children. While your children are distance learning, help promote a healthy and happy homework habit with a dedicated study space. Simply, fill a quiet corner with one of our A+ worthy children’s desks and voilà, your little learner will have a special space for whipping up genius creations!